I currently live in central Melbourne. I have a real passion for Video game design and development. While I focus on character animation and rigging the design of games has always interested me. My goal in life I guess you could say at the moment is to get into a game development studio so that I may further develop my skills in this field. My web page and Ninja:Rekishi web pages are still works in progress but can be seen using the links on the right of the page.
Date of Birth: 24 October 1983.
Location: Melbourne CBD.
My responsibilities included the complete creation of Advertisements and logos by myself. Creating advertisement ideas, storyboard design, logo and advertisement animation. Everything needed to create the full advertisement or logo the client wanted. I have completed freelance work for clients such as:
- Golem Productions
- Chong Newztel Media_watch
- H-I-S Realty
- Futuratech Distribution - Dutchmaster
Nemesis Studios (Goon World - PC MMORPG)
My job description includes leading up animation and character rigging as well as helping out with some of the modeling.My responsibilities involve the set up of all the character rigs as well as the animations for the alpha builds, along with a few of the local buildings and environmental models in game.
I worked on a Disney Channel children's show called "Dave the Barbarian". My job description included clean-up artist and rough in-betweener. Dave the Barbarian was a 2D cel animation show.This was a great experience and a lot of fun.
Game Modification: (Ninja Mod UE3, Half-Life 2 source, Unreal Tournament etc.)
I am currently heading up an Unreal 3 Engine mod called Ninja:Rekishi with a small team of artist from around the globe. As the team leader and game designer I have learned a lot about production flow as well as team maintenance and game flow. My other contributions to the team outside the Leadership role is generally in the areas of rigging and animation.
Additional modding teams I have worked with include "Mech Assault Genesis (MAG)" and "Dragonball Adventures", which I did both the animation and rigging for. One of the key reasons I enjoy working on Mod's is just my passion for game development and working with others who feel the same way.
- National Diploma - Character Animation (3d)
- National Certificate - Computer Generated Imagery (3d)
- National Certificate - Animation (Foundation Skills ) (2d)
- National Certificate - Animation (In-betweening ) (2d)
- 2nd Place - SimplyCG.net Promotional Competition.
For my work on the Rolex advertisement
- 3ds Max ( 9 and below)
- 3ds Max tools - Character Studio, Afterburn, Reactor etc
- Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects
- Unreal Tournament 3 Editor
- Currently learning Maya, Zbrush and Mudbox.
- 2d Cel Animation, Cartooning, Conceptual, Life Drawing
- Game design and development
- 3d Modeling, , Lighting and Effects
- Character Rigging and Animation
- Character Studios, Animation tools
- Mocap/Biped Importing and Exporting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively with fellow team members
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work unsupervised and follow instructions well
- Eager to learn new skills and learn quickly
- Real passion for the field of game development
I'd have to say I have a real passion for video game development and I am also an avid gamer. When I am not at work, most of my time is put into game development, animation and learning new skills. Even my relaxation involves playing new games watching the newest 3d films and taking a look at how things have been laid out and created. This is what I want my life to be about...